Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sweet Answers

Sweet Answers

Did you ever notice how sometimes when you don't even pray for something, you get an answer?  What I mean by this is that God answers your spoken prayers - because He always does - but sometimes He even answers the unspoken prayers and the answer you get  is completely unexpected.  That is a sweet answer!!

For example, let's say you are embarking on a new adventure in your life.  You are certain it is what God has planned but there are a few material things that you are lacking.  Let's also say, you have not verbally asked God for provision, but in the back quiet recesses of your mind you've been thinking about it, knowing it was something that was going to have to be purchased eventually.

At this point, you are probably saying "enough with the supposes and let's says - just tell us what happened..."  Okay, here goes...

In just about a week,  I will be having a few children come to the house for a summer program.  Because of my years as a preschool teacher, I have lots of stuff - like a really lot of STUFF for preschoolers.  The one thing I was missing was a really nice wooden block set.  I have not really prayed that God would provide one but I knew in the back of my mind that it was something that I would need to purchase eventually.  The really nice ones are not cheap, therefore, it was put on the back burner of my mind.  So, today, I poked my head into the Salvation Army looking for some riding toys.  Way back in the corner of the store there is a table that has odds and ends on it and under it.  Under the table, pushed behind a shelf and a scale, I spotted a wood box.  The wood box still had  cellophane covering it and the wood looked really nice.  Well, I like wood things, so I tugged and pulled and guess what it was - a brand new Melissa and Doug 60 piece complete standard unit wooden block set.  A good one - solid heavy wood and beautiful.  The price was marked at $25.  Ouch!!  But I knew how much they go for in the stores so I was prepared to bite the bullet and just do it.  I take it to the counter and ask if they take debit cards - in my subconscious, I may have been hoping they didn't so I would have a reason not to spend the $25.  They did take debit cards.   So I place it on the counter and glance at the door - there is a sign that says "25% off all Bric a Brac today only".  The $25 tag labeled the Block Set as 'Bric a Brac' so I ask if I get 25% off today?  The answer is YES!!!   Oh my goodness, I am ecstatic at this point.  $20 for this brand new - perfect - complete block set. SCORE!!!!!!!! 

Folks, that is a sweet answer!!  A little gift from God, just because.  If you are really paying attention you can find these sweet answers all around you.  You catch all the green lights going to work on a day you are running late.  You go to take out the trash later than you normally do just in time to see that your neighbor is having trouble and you are there to help.  Or, just at the time you are thinking you'd like someone to help you in a project, a friend stops by and offers to help.

Some people call these happenings 'luck'; some people call them 'coincidences'.  I personally don't believe in luck or coincidences.   I have relinquished charge of the happenings in my life to the One who knows me best.  To the One who knows what I need, when I need it.  To the One who gives sweet answers even when I don't ask.  And He gives them.....just because.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment