Friday, May 6, 2016

Give God A Call

I called someone tonight that I have not spoken to in many, many years.  The moment I heard her voice, this flood of warmth came over me - a really good feeling full of memories from another time in my life and I had to smile.  I think I smiled through the entire conversation and am smiling as I write.

So much time has passed since we spoke or saw each other but the sound of her voice made me smile.  I learned that what was once her beloved hobby has now become her business.  Learning something new about her and hearing of her success and the excitement and contentment in her voice was a real joy.  And it just felt good to talk to her again and so I smile.

As I thought about this situation, I couldn't help but think about the times I have been far from God.  Either because of busyness or because I was lazy or forgetful or maybe because I didn't think I could or should approach Him.  I think we all go through those times where we feel far from God for whatever reason.

What I have learned, is that God is always waiting in the wings for me to come back.  Waiting for me with a voice that speaks the language I know, love and understand.  And when I do come back to Him and hear His voice again - I have to smile.  It feels good to spend time with Him again, to talk with Him again.  And quite often I learn something new about myself and about Him as my God, my Savior and my friend.

So, I say to those of you that might be feeling far from God - give Him a call and be prepared to smile and feel good again.   Go ahead - give God a call.  I guarantee He will answer on the first ring!


"Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near." Isaiah 55:6

"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear."  Isaiah 65:24

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  Jeremiah 33:3



No comments:

Post a Comment