Thursday, May 19, 2016

In the Midst - there is Christ

While teaching preschool, my partner and I would hear the following words, often: "I can't do it!"
We would then remind the child - "Yes, you can" for the Bible says, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13  Sure enough given that little ounce of encouragement, the child would successfully write her name or cut out that shape, or build that tower.  It never failed.

As adults, sometimes we feel the same way - I can't say no.  I can't cook.  I can't serve.  I can't move.  I can't quit my job.  I can't make that change.  I can't solve that problem.  I can't. I can't. I can't.  But, yes, you can.  You can do whatever it is you think you can't do....through the strength that Christ offers. 

I think the words "I can't" should be stricken from the English language.  These words are an excuse not to try harder or try again or even try at all.  These words are an excuse not to trust God and rely on Him.  And that is not God's desire for us.  His desire is that we rely on Him for strength to do those things we believe we can not do on our own.  " I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength."  Not some things, not only certain things, but ALL things.

God will give you courage to say no.  He will give you wisdom to know if you should serve or move or quit your job or make a change in your life.  He will provide you with insight to solve a problem or surround you with people to support you and help carry that burden.

God did not promise that our lives would be easy.  In fact he warned us that they would be filled with trials.  (James 1: 2, 1 Peter 1: 6&7)
What He did promise was that in the midst - there is Christ.

In the midst of life's challenges and problems, there is Christ, who will give you the power to deal with those challenges and problems.

In the midst of life's challenges and problems, there is Christ, who will supply all you need.
  
In the midst of life's challenges and problems, there is Christ, who gives you strength to do ALL things.

Be encouraged:
In the midst - there is Christ.

Through Christ

You can do ALL things!

No comments:

Post a Comment