Thursday, August 18, 2016

Perfect Peace

A conversation with Jesus:

"Good Morning, Jesus," I say to Him, "You, Jesus, are peace.  I can imagine You walking through the streets talking to people.  Not rushed and truly interested.  You are the same today.  I can imagine You sitting across from me on the couch, right now, attentive to my concerns.  Your soft loving eyes looking into my very soul with complete understanding.  And I feel at peace.  At peace knowing You are on my side, You care, You are for me. I am safe with You."  And then He calls me child --

"Child," He says, "Do not be afraid. Trust Me fully. I will never let you down.  You are mine and I will never leave you."

And I believe Him.

The sense of peace that overtakes me cannot be described adequately.  Perfect Peace that can only come from focusing on the Savior.  Trusting that all my cares are in the most capable of hands - His. Knowing that my life is built on the Rock of Jehovah - solid and strong.

"Yes, child," He says to me, "I am for you. I am your solid Rock, your Safe Harbor.  I am your Perfect Peace."

Ever so quietly, almost in a whisper, I reply, "Yes, Jesus, You are my Perfect Peace. Help me stay focused on You instead of the storms, instead of the troubles, instead of the pain.  Focusing on You brings Perfect Peace."

"My Jesus, I love You." I tell Him.

"And I love you, child."  He says.


"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal."  Isaiah 26: 3 & 4 



No comments:

Post a Comment