Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Warm and Cozy - Home!

Warm and Cozy - Home!

I love summer.  It's warm.  It's sunny.  It's peaceful - at least in my neck of the woods.  Did I mention it's warm.  Being warm is like the best thing in the world to me. Even better than chocolate.  Even better than Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or a Hazelnut Latte with extra Hazelnut.

There is something about being warm that is just so comforting for me.  My hubby knows this about me and so, when he takes the blankets or sheets out of the dryer he finds me wherever I am in the house and he wraps me up in the clean, fresh, wonderful warmth of the blankets.

When he does this, I make an audible sound unlike any other that comes out of my mouth.  It is a sound that says Ahhhhhhhh! I am home! Everything is good!  My entire body tenses for a split second and then completely relaxes in these warm surroundings.  I feel total... absolute... peace.

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not relax - like ever!  One time at a women's retreat, a relaxation therapist lady came to help all of us learn how to relax.  The lights were turned down low, we were all laying on our relaxation mats.  The lady was talking us through relaxing from our toes all the way up to our head with her soft, soothing, quiet voice. (It could have been from our head to our toes - it was a long time ago.)  Anyway, she slowly walked around the room caressing us with her voice but she seemed to keep coming near me.  I think she could see I was having difficulty relaxing.  She even stooped once and touched my knee as she was crooning her instructions.   In a room filled with approximately 60 women there was only one woman that was not sound asleep - you guessed it - yours truly.   Afterwards, she told me I was the only one in all her years of relaxation therapy that she was unable to help relax.   Ha Ha - I should have told her all she needed to do was bring some warm blankets and roll me up like a burrito - voila she would have had a 100% success rate.

I am in my happy place when I am warm and cozy whether it is while enjoying a quiet, lazy, warm summer day or wrapped in a cocoon of warm blankets.  Add reading a book and I am in heaven.   That's just me.  I think, at least I hope, everyone has a happy place where they can completely relax and feel total absolute peace.  If you don't have a place like that my wish for you is that you will seek and find one.  I think it is something we all need.  It feels sort of like going back to our very original home - safe, warm, comfortable, cozy, and peaceful.

And we all know...
There's no place like home...There's no place like home...There's no place like home...

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young - a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God.  Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you."   Psalm 84: 1 - 4




No comments:

Post a Comment