Friday, July 18, 2014

Dive Into the Word

Dive Into the Word

"For You bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love." Psalm 5:12

For some reason, this verse and it's message was supposed to be posted today.  Did you ever get that little unrelenting niggle to do something and you just felt like it wasn't something that could be dismissed.  Well, that's how I felt about this verse today. 

I had actually read this verse over a year ago - I was so touched by it, I put the date next to it in my Bible - 6/19/13.  As I recall when I first read it, I even got a visual picture and was filled with a feeling of overwhelming comfort.  This morning as I was thinking about a blog theme or message for today, this verse popped into my head.  I always say there are no coincidences so figured it must be for someone that will read the blog today or some other day.

The problem:  I knew the verse, but didn't know where it was in the Bible.  I knew the words "shield of love" were in the verse so I looked in the concordance.  Should have been easy to find, right?, but no...anyway, my point is, I had such a strong feeling about this verse I spent over an hour looking through my Bible for it.  Along the way, I found many verses that have the same sort of message. They are for YOU!

And so...I invite you to seclude yourself somewhere, be still and take a moment to immerse yourself in God's Words of love and safety and security.  Dive in and be covered with the comfort that comes from knowing that you are loved by an Almighty and Wonderful God and Father.  Know that He cares.  Climb onto His mighty lap and allow Him to wrap His arms around you and listen to His words.  His words, meant for you!

"For You bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love." Psalm 5:12 

"He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."  Psalm 91:4

"Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people, both now and forever." Psalm 125: 2

"Because You are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.  I cling to you; Your strong right hand holds me securely." Psalm 63: 7 &8 

"Let me live forever in Your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!" Psalm 61:4

"My victory and honor come from God alone.  He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me." Psalm 62: 7

"How precious is Your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your wings."   Psalm 36:7

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever."  Psalm 73: 26

"For He will order His angels to protect you wherever you go.  They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone."  Psalm 91: 11, 12

"The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me.  I will protect those who trust in my name.  When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward then with a long life and give them my salvation."  Psalm 91: 14 - 16

"And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He certainly will care for you... "   Matthew 6:30 

"The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.  You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring."  Isaiah 58: 11

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.  O Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name, you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.  When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."  Isaiah 43: 1- 3

"From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done."  Isaiah 43:13

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  His faithful love endures forever."  Psalm 107: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment