Thursday, April 21, 2016

Contentment

All things work together...

Have you ever had one of those rough nights where you just can't fall asleep and when you finally do it is a fitful sleep?  It doesn't happen to me often, but a couple nights ago, it did.  My mind would not shut off so it took me a long time to fall asleep.  Once I did though, I tossed and turned all night.  I had odd dreams. I was hot then cold and that kept waking me up to make adjustments to the covers.  It was a very, very long night.

I woke up the next morning, after a horrible nights sleep, however, feeling blessed and happy.
How does that happen??

As I think about it, I have come to the conclusion that the Lord has placed joy in my heart.  He has placed love and peace in my heart and I am content.  Being content in whatever circumstance you find yourself in is truly the key.  God's Word teaches us that we should be content.  (I Tim. 6: 6-8)

I don't think being content means we need to "settle" for things because I do believe God's wants the best for us.  But I do think it means we should accept those things we can not change and make the best of them.  Or accept them for what they are and move on.   I had a horrible nights sleep, BUT, this was a new day. 

You see, God always has a plan and so, being content is having faith that all things that happen will work together for your good or the good of others and so that God will be glorified.  Contentment is something we have to work at.  We have to learn it and practice it for it to become a part of our being.  You can remind yourself to be content by saying - 'I know there is a reason for this'. ' I trust in God's plan for me.'  These short sentences of affirmation helped me learn to be content. 

Who knows, maybe I had a horrible nights sleep so that I could blog about it and help someone that is going through a rough time.  It's true...All things work together...that's life!!



 






No comments:

Post a Comment