Monday, April 25, 2016

Exercise - just for fun


Exercise is fun!  Whaaaaat???
So….when we retired, the first thing we talked about was being able to take the dogs for walks so that we too, would be getting exercise.  We would lose weight. It would be great! It would be fun and easy;  A relaxing stroll around the new neighborhood.  We’d meet the neighbors and their dogs.   It sounded wonderful.   Well, the best laid plans of mice and men – as they say…

We have been in the new digs for 25 days now and we have taken the dogs for a walk all of about half a dozen times and I have put on 5 pounds.   And to add insult to injury, I made cupcakes today with a very sweet young friend of mine.   She and her family took half of them home, but that still leaves 10 in this house.  Ugh!!!  I mean really, who can resist cupcakes.

I have resolved that after the cupcakes are gone, I will begin an exercise program – some kind, any kind.  So I went on line to see what kind of programs are out there.  Perhaps I could find something simple but effective - I hoped.

Real Life Fitness - Crunches – I don’t think so.  That will kill my back.

Walk Off 10 Pounds - on a Treadmill! - Bummer!  I don't have a treadmill.
Feel Great - Squats – Mmmmm?  I have a bad knee.  Burpee Mix - First do a burpee by jumping  straight up, landing  and then dropping to a plank. Do a push up and then jump up. With feet together, jump while rotating upper body - Hold it right there - I can't even remember all that, much less do it.
Here’s one…Trim Your Tummy – this routine takes less than 10 minutes it says.  Cool, I could do 10 minutes.  Let’s see what I have to do – Oooooh – the mountain climber- that sounds painful.  Torso Twist – eeek – touch my left knee to my right elbow as I twist my torso – uhhhh – I don’t think my body will do all that at once.   

Movin’ on…..

Oh, this sounds interesting – an Exercise Block – Now this definitely looks promising:

Exercise Block Instructions
1. Place the block in the center of the floor.
2. Walk around it two times.
3. Sit down on the couch.

CONGRATULATIONS!  You have just walked around the block twice! 

I can do that!!!  Whoa!  Exercise really is fun!!!!  
Who knew????

No comments:

Post a Comment