Sunday, April 17, 2016

Superheroes

Superheroes

Everyone has heard of Batman and Superman, oh and don't forget Captain America.  All these superheroes have one thing in common - they are there to "Save the Day".  We share these superheroes with everyone practically in the world.  So while they are special, they are not really personal to any one person.  Well, maybe Batman was special to Cat Woman in a weird sort of way and Superman did have his Lois Lane.

Well, I am here to tell you superheroes can indeed be personal.  I have my very own Super Hero.  Who knew?? It is amazing!!  To some his name is Steve, to others, Steven James and yet others call him  Dad.  To some he is friend and coworker.  Still others call him Grumpa and the all new name of G-Pa.  I call him husband and S.P. but only we know what S.P. means...ha ha and don't even try to guess cuz we are not tellin'.

Anyway, super heroes are never off duty.  They are always thinking.  They are always paying attention and watching and looking.  Some might say that makes them nosy.  I prefer to call it being in a state of ready.

My very own superhero was in a state of ready today.  He was watching and paying attention and looking and he sprang into action as he saw what appeared to be a box labeled kitchen.  It was not in the kitchen or even the garage. HMMMMM?  This could be serious.  Because my superhero is also always on duty and always thinking, of course he picked up the box and opened it.  And that is when it happened.... upon opening the box, he totally "Saved the Day".

HE FOUND THE SPICES!!!!!

Whoop! Whoop!  Happy dance time!!!!

Now if you didn't read the That's Life blog from April 15th - first - shame on you - second, you need to read it for this to make any sense at all.

Finding the spices is HUGE!!  HUGE, I tell you!!!!  They have been missing in action for nearly 3 weeks.  Our poor, poor taste buds have been going through withdrawal.  I was doing fine not finding my deodorant.  I was fine sitting on the outdoor chair to use my computer which was on a little kid table - it was awkward, but I was fine doing it.  I was even fine not being able to find my hearing aid batteries - the quiet is kind of nice actually... But I was not fine, not being able to find the spices.  I searched through everything in the garage.  I moved box after box - To no avail.  I looked in rooms.  "Where, oh where, could my spices be???,"  I lamented over and over.

We have a saying in our house, 'it's not lost till mom can't find it'.  My spices were lost!!!  I could not find them anywhere.  My imagination had a lone box of spices left on one of the 2 PODS.  Sigh!!

But my Super Hero found them.  He is known by many names, but to me he is Awesome Man!!  My very own personal Super Hero.  Thank You, Awesome Man!



No comments:

Post a Comment