Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Take Time


During my quiet times with Jesus, sometimes I am so focused on what I want to tell Him, as soon as it is all out, as soon as my heart has been shared, I just walk away.  I am done.  The conversation is over.  I have said what I wanted to say and I am on to the next thing.

As I think about this scenario, I can imagine Jesus saying to me,  "I understand.  You are busy.  I know how your mind works and I gave you that little touch of ADHD.  But child, take time to speak with me, not just to me.  I want to have a dialogue with you."

I might say to Jesus, "You want this with everyone, don't you? - A dialogue, a relationship."

"Yes", He would say, "I do.  I want a real relationship with everyone.  A real relationship means we dialogue.  There can only be a real relationship if people take time to get to know Me - not just as their Savior, but also as their friend.  Friends dialogue."

"Lord," I would say, "Please, forgive me for walking away from You."

He would answer, "Of course.  You are mine.  I have searched you and I know your heart."

I say with tears in my eyes, "You have searched me, Lord Jesus, and You do know me.  You understand my motivation.  You are in each and every situation with me and this knowledge is overwhelming to me.  You love the real me, all the time, no matter what, even when I sometimes walk away and do not take time to speak with you."           (paraphrased from Psalm 139: 1-6)









No comments:

Post a Comment