Monday, June 27, 2016

Who Are You?

I have found that most women have some type of insecurity.  Perhaps how their body looks, perhaps the house they live in, the job they have, the fact that their children are always in trouble. Or it could be a much deeper personal insecurity such as a feeling of inadequacy, fear, the feeling of being unlovable, or not good enough or not good at anything.  All of these insecurities, no matter what they are, cause us to falter and be less than God intended us to be. I am obviously not a psychologist, but if you look very closely at insecurities, they all seem to stem from fear.  I speak this to myself as well as you, my friends.

I am going to say something I have never said on my blog...hear me well -
those insecurities are from the evil one.  His goal is to make you feel less than the amazing person God made you to be.  Those insecurities, those fears, are hindrances to all God has planned for you.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind." 
 2 Timothy 1:7 

So, how do we get over our insecurities? First, we identify them in ourselves.  Next we give them to God.  "I am done with feeling inadequate, Lord, I give it to you and claim the spirit of power and adequacy You promised in Your Word." Last and most importantly, remember whose child you are. When you absolutely without a doubt know that you are a child of God, (John 1:12) that automatically makes you a daughter of The King.  You, my friend, are a child of the Most High God, a daughter of The King of Kings. Think about that for a moment.  Let it sink in. You - are - a - daughter - of - The King.  That makes you a Princess with a capital P.  You are royalty of the most holy kind.  You are God's prized possession. (James 1:18)   A child of God. A Princess. - That is huge!  And there are no insecurities in Princessdom!!!

Of course with Princessdom, it goes without saying, (but I have to say it) comes responsibility.  You also represent The King in how you dress, how you walk, how you talk, what you do or don't do. (Romans 8:12-17) Just sayin'

Here's what I want you to do...go into a room with a mirror.  Look at your self and say "I am a daughter of The King! Say it slowly and stare right into your own eyes.  "I am a daughter of The King!"  And every time you begin to doubt yourself or those little insecurities try to sneak their way into your life, say it..."I am a daughter of The King!  A child of the Most High God!"  They say if you say something enough times you begin to believe it.  Say it enough times that you believe it.  It will change everything!  It will change how and what you think of yourself.  It will change how you see you and how others see you.  You will walk taller.  You will be more confident. - I am a daughter of The King!   You might think I am kidding about the mirror suggestion, but I am not.  I want for each of you to realize all God has in store for you.  That will happen when you accept and embrace who you are in Christ.

I think the next time someone asks me who I am, my response will be, "I am Roxanne, a child of The King!"

What about you?  Who are you?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment