Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's A Secret

It's A Secret

Most everyone tends to wonder and worry about the future to some degree.  Who will I marry?  Will I be happy?  How many children will I have?  What will retirement look like?  Will I have enough money? What will I be when I grow up?  Will I be successful?  Will the kids at the new school like me?  At every age, there are different "wonders" and "worries".

Did you ever wish for a crystal ball that could show you what your future here on earth holds?  Think about that for a minute.  If you knew, wouldn't that just open up a whole new proverbial can of wonders & worries?   What if you didn't like what you saw?

Personally, I think maybe God keeps our futures a secret as one more way of protecting us.  Truer words were never spoken when He said in Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry abut itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Isn't that just so true!!

As our Creator, He knows each one of us personally.  He knows our limitations.  He knows our strengths and our weaknesses.  I trust Him to know that I can't handle knowing the future.  For me, not knowing is okay.  It's actually a good thing because I like to fix things.  If you know what I mean.

The moral of the story is:
Take one day at a time.  Make the most of it. Find the beauty in each day. Don't worry about the future.  It's in good hands.  Imagine if you will, God in a secret garden.  As the gardener, He allows us to bloom and grow each day under His tender care.  God promises to "guide you along the best pathway for your life."  He promises to "advise you and watch over you."  Psalm 32:8  Who better to trust with your future than your Creator?

God has His secrets, and I'm glad He's the one keeping them.   They are safe with Him.
If anyone else had them, they'd probably tell, because that's life!



"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law."      Deuteronomy 29:29

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment