Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Grace, Amazing Grace

Grace, Amazing Grace

Grace is when one person forgives another.  Grace is when you give someone a second chance.  Grace is when you overlook a failure or a mistake.   Grace is having mercy on an offender.  Grace is something granted to someone that is undeserving of it.  Grace is granted unconditionally.
Grace, amazing grace.

I can remember a time when once a month I became a crazy woman.  Look out for the hurricane- - she's coming through!!!!   I slammed cabinet doors, I yelled at my kids, I spoke sarcastically to my husband, I had very little, if any, patience for messes, was more demanding than usual at work, I did a lot of complaining and pretty much in general was absolutely horrendous to be around.  And yet - there was grace - from my husband, from my children and from my co-workers.

A child comes home with a D on his report card so you talk about it, try to figure out the reason and if tutoring is needed, make those arrangements.  That's grace.

You miss a deadline for a report that's due because your child was sick and your boss says, "I understand, can I have the report in 2 days?"  That's grace.

When you get home from work you ask what's for dinner like you do every night and your wife practically takes your head off.  She's had a tough day and is taking it out on you.  So you offer to take the family out to dinner so she doesn't have to cook.  That's grace.

Grace doesn't condemn.  Grace doesn't rant and rave.  Grace doesn't sulk or pout.  Grace recognizes a problem and gives what the person needs as opposed to what the person deserves.

God in His grace recognized that mankind had a problem and the problem is sin.
God in His grace gave mankind, though undeserving, what they needed - a Savior - and His name is Jesus.

Grace, amazing grace.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16 

Click to hear a Celtic version of Amazing Grace with bagpipes. Beautiful.











 





No comments:

Post a Comment