Friday, April 11, 2014

"Crash the Chatterbox"

"Crash the Chatterbox"
A book written by Steven Furtick

From the inside book cover:
"Inside your head and heart is a chatterbox.  Its lies are keeping you from realizing your God-given potential.  But what can you do about them?"

"In Crash the Chatterbox, Pastor Steven Furtick focuses on four key areas that are most debilitating: insecurity, fear, condemnation, and discouragement.  He asks, "What great deeds are in danger of remaining undone in your life because of lies that were planted in your past or fears that are looming in your future?"

"The voice you listen to will determine the future you experience."

I just started reading this book and am already hooked. (I'm only on page 12.)  In my business life, I have to do a lot of things that I have never done before.  I was finding myself paralyzed with fear and discouragement as well as some insecurity.  If you know me, this is kind of hard to believe.  Nonetheless it was true. 

I know so many people that have some of these same issues.  We listen to the little 'chatterbox' in our heads that tell us we are not good enough, or we are incapable, or unlovable.  I have always known this is the Enemy filling my head with lies but couldn't seem to win the battle that was going on in my mind.  The following quote was pivotal for me:
 
"The voice you believe will determine the future you experience."   (pg. 12)

God's voice tells me - I am His child - a child of the King, therefore, I AM good enough, I AM capable, I AM loveable, I AM the person He created me to be.  And so are you!!  Believe it!!   Whose voice do you want to listen to?  The Enemy or God?  I choose God!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

You can find "Crash the Chatterbox" at Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_20?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=crash%20the%20chatterbox&sprefix=Crash+the+Chatterbox%2Caps%2C312

More to come on this life changing book!

No comments:

Post a Comment