Friday, April 18, 2014

Life Ain't Easy!

Life Ain't Easy!

                Headlines on the magazines read:

Walk Off the Weight FAST!!! 5, 10, 15 lbs.
 
Speed through chores! Make Cleaning a Breeze
 
Easy Rainbow Cupcakes
 
The 4-minute Workout 
 
 
I am sorry, but losing 5, 10 or 15 lbs. is never FAST!  Fast to me is a day. Losing weight is not supposed to be fast.  Losing that kind of weight is not easy either.  The article says "Most people in the US take 5,000 to 6,700 steps daily." They want you to double your step count and do 10,000 steps a day to lose that weight.  Will that be fast? or easy?  I think not.
 
As for 'Speeding through my chores'....No matter what I do to make cleaning the bathroom a quick job - it takes 20 - 30 minutes.  End of story! 
 
'Easy Rainbow Cupcakes' have the baker, adding food coloring to the frosting a little at a time so you get the perfect sky blue color, searching the stores for Airheads Xtremes Rainbow Berry candy and trying to make mini-marshmallows stay in place to look like clouds while hanging precariously around the edges of the cupcake.  YIKES!!!  An Easy Rainbow Cupcake is: go to Albertson's and buy cupcakes with white frosting and stick a  rainbow pick in them.
 
Now, please don't get the wrong idea.  I am not a cynical person.  I am not lazy by any stretch of the imagination.  But I am a realist.  Everywhere I look I see things that tell me life and what I want out of it can be easy!
Guess what, Life Ain't Easy!  
 
Everything takes work.  It takes work to have a good marriage.  It takes work to be a good parent.  It takes work to be a good employee.  It takes work to plan healthy meals for a family.  It takes work to be a good friend and neighbor.  It takes work to provide for a family.  It takes work to be a good son or daughter.  It takes work to lose weight, to clean, to bake and to work out!  Everything takes work. 
 
It wasn't always this way.  God placed Adam and Eve in a beautiful garden and everything was easy for them.  But then they disobeyed.  And that's when life got hard - - for all of us.  
 
I don't think it is possible for us to change how hard or easy life is in general.  It is what it is.  (Thanks Adam! Thanks Eve!)  And grumbling and complaining is not going to change anything either.  But what can be changed is our attitude about it.  Knowing and accepting that life is not necessarily meant to be easy - sort of makes it - well - easier.  
 
Life ain't easy - no doubt about it.  But it can be easier with a little attitude adjustment and a lot of help from a Friend.  
 
 
"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.  With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall."   Psalm 18: 28 & 29
 
 
 
     


No comments:

Post a Comment